All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionThe presidential election of 2007, which propelled Nicolas Sarkozy into the Elysee Palace, was arguably the most important for a generation. Sarkozy's victory was seen as opening a new political era, as he replaced Jacques Chirac at the forefront of French politics. Developments in French Politics 4 takes stock of the Chirac years, gives an account of the changed political scene, and makes accessible the latest analysis of contemporary French politics. Written by a team of leading authorities from France, the USA, the UK and beyond, this volume provides a systematic assessment of the French political system, from the central institutions and organizations through to key policies and issues. It addresses the main challenges in contemporary politics and the administration's response. Globalization, gender, immigration and culture all come under the microscope, as do traditional concerns such as ecomic, welfare and foreign policy. Arguing that reform went further under Chirac than is commonly ackwledged, the chapters together provide state of the art coverage of French politics and an assessment of the degree of continuity and change - institutionally, structurally and behaviourally - between Chirac and Sarkozy. ALISTAIR COLE is Professor of European Politics at Cardiff University, UK. PATRICK LE GALES is Research Professor in Politics and Sociology at Sciences Po, at the Centre for Political Research (CEVIPOF) and the National Centre of Scientific Research. JONAH LEVY is Associate Professor of Political Science, University of California, Berkeley, USA.
- Author BiographyALISTAIR COLE is Professor of European Politics, Cardiff University, UK. PATRICK LE GALES is Research Professor in Politics and Sociology at the Centre for Political Research (CEVIPOF) Sciences Po and the National Centre of Scientific Research, Paris, France. JONAH LEVY is Associate Professor of Political Science, University of California, Berkeley, USA.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication20/08/2008
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Out-of-print date30/05/2013
- Content Note5 black & white tables, 6 figures, 2 maps
- Weight501 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byAlistair Cole,Jonah Levy,Patrick Le Gales
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.