Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionThe FIRST MEXICAN MEETING ON MATHEMATICAL AND EXPERI- MENTAL PHYSICS was held at EL COLEGIO N ACIONAL in Mexico Cit- y, Mexico, from September 10 to 14, 2001. This event consisted of the LEOPOLDO GARciA-COLiN SCHERER Medal Lecture, delivered by Prof. Nicholas G. van Kampen, a series of plenary talks by Leopoldo Garcia-Colin, Giinter Nimtz, Luis F. Rodriguez, Ruoon Barrera, and Donald Saari, and of three parallel symposia, namely, Cosmology and Gravitation, Statistical Physics and Beyond, and Hydrodynamics and Dynamical Systems. The response from the Physics community was enthusiastic, with over 200 participants and around 80 speakers, from allover the world: USA, Canada, Mexico, Germany, France, Holland, United Kingdom, Switzerland, Spain, and Hungary. The main aim of the conference is to provide a scenario to Mexican researchers on the topics of Mathematical and Experimental Physics in order to keep them in contact with work going on in other parts of the world and at the same time to motivate and support the young and mid- career researchers from our country. To achieve this goal, we decided to the most distinguished experts in the subjects of the invite as lecturers conference and to give the opportunity to young scientist to communi- cate the results of their work. The plan is to celebrate this international endeavor every three years.
- PublisherSpringer Science+Business Media
- Date of Publication01/11/2002
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1530 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAlfredo Macias,Enrique Diaz,Francisco Uribe
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.