All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $74.05Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $17.68Trending at AU $21.74
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.98
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a straightforward introduction to devolution in all four countries of the UK. This book provides an introduction to the major changes in the political landscape of the UK caused by the political devolution of power to London, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. There is extensive examination of the historical background to these changes with an even more detailed focus upon contemporary political events. The book also helps those wishing to understand devolution by explaining its development, and assessing the operation, strengths and weaknesses of the devolved state. Throughout the text there are relevant examples used which illustrate the application of more complex ideas and terms, and a balanced picture is presented which takes in the views of federalists, unionists and nationalists. It defines and assesses legislative, executive and administrative devolution across the UK. It considers the impact of devolved bodies on policy and legislative outcomes. It examines the current and likely future impact of the devolved bodies. It details the relationship between the devolved bodies and the Westminster government. It explores the extent to which the system of government in the UK as a whole has changed. It places political developments in their social, ecomic and cultural contexts.
- Author BiographyRussell Deacon is a guest lecturer in the Department of History at the University of Wales Trinity St David. Alan Sandry is Lecturer in Social and Political Theory at the University of Wales Institute, Cardiff.
- Author(s)Russell Deacon
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication25/09/2012
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitlePolitics Study Guides
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight386 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.