All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDevon is many people's idea of the ideal country place to live. But the county is far more than a country idyll set in an equitable climate. Whatever you like to do outdoors you'll find all you need in here. Some counties are pleased to boast one National Park, but Devon contains two: all of Dartmoor and a significant third of Exmoor. Unique in England, the county also boasts two separate and distinct coastlines, with some of the best beaches in the southwest. You can tramp across wild moorland and walk along the South West Coast Path; or east from Exmouth on the south coast and explore the beginning of the geological treasure house, the Jurassic Coast. Devon also has some of Britain's most-loved seaside resorts, historic towns and cities; picturesque villages set in gentle hedged landscapes crossed by narrow winding roads; and some of the best sailing and boating centres in the southwest. Truly, it has something for everybody. The author has been visiting and enjoying Devon for well over 40 years and researching this book enabled him to renew acquaintances with old friends and to discover new places that he looks forward to visiting again. Most of his favourite locations were largely unchanged. Devon has a timelessness that's reassuring and comforting, especially if you live in a part of the country that's rapidly changing. Devon Sketchbook will guide you to a plethora of favourite places along the rth and south coasts of the county, plus some in the Exmoor and Dartmoor National Parks. It will tell you how to get there, where you can park and what to look out for. It's intended to inform, entertain and, if you're a visitor, give you something to enjoy when you're back home. With more than 180 of the author's line and watercolour illustrations, 66 hand drawn maps and in colour throughout, Devon Sketchbook is a unique guidebook and souvenir of this remarkable county. Beautifully bound in hardback, it also makes the perfect gift.
- Author BiographyJim Watson was born and bred in the English Lake District and moved to Rugby at the age of 18 to take up an engineering apprenticeship. He worked as a draughtsman for a few years before leaving to pursue a freelance career drawing kids comics. Since then, Jim has produced a wide range of cartoon and illustrative work for magazines and books. He has written and illustrated 16 books of his own. This is his seventh for Survival Books.
- Author(s)Jim Watson
- PublisherSurvival Books
- Date of Publication24/04/2014
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleSketchbooks
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSurvival Books
- Content Noteover 180
- Weight315 g
- Width215 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jim Watson
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $24.99Trending at AU $26.26
- AU $13.95Trending at AU $14.06
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $22.15
- AU $13.95Trending at AU $14.11
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $27.55
- AU $28.16Trending at AU $30.28
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.