All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionLiberation is a fundamental subject in South Asian doctrinal and philosophical reflection. This book is a study of the discussion of liberation from suffering presented by Dharmakirti, one of the most influential Indian philosophers. It includes an edition and translation of the section on the cessation of suffering according to Marathanandin, the last commentator on Dharmakirti's Pramanavarttika in the Sanskrit cosmopolis. The edition is based on the manuscript used by Sankrtyayana and other sources. Methodological issues related to editing ancient Sanskrit texts are examined, while expanding on the activity of ancient pandits and modern editors.
- Author BiographyCristina Pecchia, PhD (La Sapienza, Rome) is a researcher at the Austrian Academy of Sciences, Vienna. She has published articles on Dharmakirti's philosophy, Indian manuscript tradition and textual criticism.
- Date of Publication24/09/2015
- Languageeng, san
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleBrill's Indological Library
- Series Part/Volume Number47
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Weight640 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.