All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA childhood diagsis of Type 1 diabetes can be devastating for the whole family. Parents and children both worry for the future and how diabetes will affect their lives. For parents these concerns can be compounded by t fully understanding what your child is really going through. Dr Rachel Besser, a paediatrician specialising in childhood diabetes, was herself diagsed with Type 1 diabetes when she was a child. Through her work with families affected by diabetes, she realised that many parents are desperate to understand how it feels to live with the condition, and wonder what they can do to make their child's experience as positive and uncomplicated as possible. Combining her own experience with interviews with children and adults who share their stories, Dr Besser provides an illuminating insight into what it feels like to grow up with diabetes. Covers: The different phases of diagsis and acceptance Hypos, blood tests and injections Food and eating School and the teenage years Family and friends Life beyond home
- Author BiographyDr Rachel Besser BSc, MBBS (Hons), MRCPCH is Lead Consultant in Paediatric diabetes at the John Radcliffe Hospital Oxford. She works closely with children and young people with diabetes in hospital and the community, on diabetes holiday camps and family weekends. She was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes when she was 9 years old.
- PrizesWinner of Minty Medico-Legal Society Prize for the Best New Medical or Healthcare Book for the General Reader 2010.
- Author(s)Rachel Besser
- PublisherClass Publishing
- Date of Publication01/07/2009
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintClass Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width155 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.