All listings for this product
Save on Other
- AU $33.85Trending at AU $39.04
- AU $41.77Trending at AU $43.03
- AU $10.67Trending at AU $12.72
- AU $27.39Trending at AU $29.26
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $23.01Trending at AU $27.07
- AU $21.68Trending at AU $24.86
About this product
- DescriptionDiabetes, when untreated, leads to damage to several organs within the body, particularly the kidneys. This damage may also go undetected for several years, until the later stages of kidney failure are reached, with a need for kidney replacement therapy - either dialysis or transplantation. Such progression is t inevitable. With good management, diabetes can be well controlled and kidney function can be maintained; to a certain extent, the damage can even be reversed. Diabetes and the Kidney is written for people with diabetes, their families and carers. It describes the function of the kidneys, the development of nephropathy, the ways to recognize it early and the correct way to manage it. The title emphasizes how people should take responsibility for their own health, with information on diet, giving up smoking and taking exercise. Clearly written description of kidney function, how it goes wrong in diabetic nephropathy and ways to prevent this. Guidance on diet, exercise and generally encouraging people to become involved in their own health care. Information on treatment of kidney disease and kidney replacement therapy.
- Author BiographyProfessor Christoph Hasslacher, Head of Department at the St Josef s Hospital in Heidelberg, Germany, has specialised in diabetes and its associated complications, particularly diabetic nephropathy, for many years, both scientifically and clinically. He has published many scientific articles on this topic. He is a representative of the Diabetes and the Kidney working group of the German Diabetes Organization. Sonja Bohm is a freelance journalist in science and medicine based in Weinheim. She has focused for many years on diabetes mellitus and its complications. She reports regularly on national and international conferences for German general and technical publications. Amongst others, she is a permanent contributor to the newspaper, Diabetes und Stoffwechsel (Diabetes anbd Metabolism) and writes for the Diabetes Journal.
- Author(s)Christoph Hasslacher,Sonja Bohm
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication02/07/2004
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width156 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.