All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Bulgakov's Diaboliad , the modest and unassuming office clerk Korotkov is summarily sacked for a trifling error from his job at the First Central Depot for the Materials for Matches, and tries to seek out his newly assigned superior Kalsoner, responsible for his dismissal. His quest through the labyrinth of Soviet bureaucracy takes on the increasingly surreal dimensions of a nightmare. This early satirical story, reminiscent of Gogol and Dostoevsky, was first published in 1924 and incurred the wrath of pro-Soviet critics. Along with the three other stories in this volume which also feature explorations of the absurd and bizarre, it provides a fascinating glimpse into the artistic development of the author of Master and Margarita .
- Author BiographyRussian novelist and dramatist Mikhail Bulgakov (1891-1940) is one of the foremost satirists of the twentieth century and most famous for The Master and Margarita.
- Author(s)Mikhail Afanasevich Bulgakov
- PublisherAlma Books Ltd
- Date of Publication15/04/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationRichmond
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAlma Classics
- Translated byHugh Aplin
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.71
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.18
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.10
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $83.35
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $13.31Trending at AU $15.81
- AU $17.70Trending at AU $19.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.