Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionThe articles in this collection are centred around the question of what can be meant by assuming that change is a property of language. Either from general points of view, or in the light of specific examples, the following main topics are discussed: language use and language change as interrelated manifestations of human cognition; the directionality of linguistic development; the predictability of language change; methods of semantic reconstruction; aims of explaining language change and restrictions in doing so; the relationship between cognitive linguistics and philology.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/08/1992
- Series TitleDuisburg Papers on Research in Language and Culture
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 14
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published1992
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight740 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byGunter Kellermann,etc.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.