All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionOveractive bladder (OAB) affects 33 million Americans and as many as one in five people over the age of 40 experience symptoms of the disorder, namely sudden urinary urgency and incontinence. Since OAB incidence increases with age, it is expected that the prevalence of OAB will increase further in the developed world as the aging population grows. Diagsis and treatment of this widespread condition can present many clinical challenges as even the commonly accepted definition has been controversial. Treatments include dietary and lifestyle changes as well as several types of medications such as anti-cholinergic and anti-spasmodic agents. Part of the Oxford American Pocket Notes series, this mograph is intended for health care professionals who treat patients with overactive bladder. This practical, up-to-date guide covers the pathophysiology, etiology, and clinical features of OAB. In addition, it includes helpful information for differential diagsis, tips for managing comorbidities, and current guidelines for treatment. Uniquely compact and affordable, this concise book is a perfect resource in a range of care settings such as the hospital, clinic, and nursing home.
- Author BiographyJerry G. Blaivas, MD, is Clinical Professor of Urology at Weill Medical College of Cornell University and Adjunct Professor of Urology at SUNY, Downstate Medical School in New York, NY. Rajveer S. Purohit, MD, MPH, is Clinical Instructor, Department of Urology at Weill Medical College of Cornell University in New York, NY.
- Author(s)Jerry G. Blaivas,Rajveer S. Purohit
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication29/09/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleOxford American Pocket Notes
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Notecharts, tables
- Weight58 g
- Width97 mm
- Height166 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.