All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionOffers an Extensive Discussion on High Frequency Ultrasound Based on a course taught and developed by a foremost expert in diagstic ultrasound techlogy, Diagstic Ultrasound: Imaging and Blood Flow Measurements, Second Edition covers cutting-edge developments, along with the fundamental physics, instrumentation, system architecture, clinical applications, and biological effects of ultrasound. This text addresses the technical side of diagstic ultrasound and begins with an overview of the field of ultrasonic imaging and its role in diagstic medicine relative to other imaging modalities. The author describes the fundamental physics involved in ultrasonic transducers, as well as in conventional imaging approaches and Doppler measurements, including contrast imaging and 4D imaging. He reviews the current status and standards on ultrasound bioeffect and discusses methods that have been used to measure ultrasonic properties of tissues. He also provides a list of relevant references and further reading materials at the end of each chapter. New in the Second Edition: * Details the latest advances in ultrasound techlogy related to biomedical applications, including elastrography, portable scanners, ultrasound molecular imaging, preclinical high frequency imaging, 2D array, and 4D imaging techniques * Updates and expands each chapter * Adds a new chapter on new developments such as elastography and miniature scanners * Includes new case studies and examples throughout the book Diagstic Ultrasound: Imaging and Blood Flow Measurements, Second Edition covers recent advances in ultrasound techlogy related to biomedical applications. Intended for senior- to graduate-level coursework in ultrasonic imaging, this text also serves practicing physicists, engineers, clinicians, and sographers.
- Author BiographyK. Kirk Shung obtained a B.S. in electrical engineering from Cheng-Kung University in Taiwan in 1968; a M.S. in electrical engineering from University of Missouri, Columbia, in 1970; and a Ph.D. in electrical engineering from University of Washington, Seattle, in 1975. In 2002 he joined the Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Southern California, Los Angeles as a professor and became a dean's professor in 2013. He has published over 500 papers and book chapters, is the author of Diagnostic Ultrasound: Imaging and Blood Flow Measurements published by CRC press in 2005, and co-editor of Ultrasonic Scattering by Biological Tissues published by CRC Press in 1993.
- Author(s)K. Kirk Shung
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication10/04/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note269 black & white illustrations, 7 black & white tables
- Weight703 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.