Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThe past decade has seen the growth of analytic methodologies based on antibody and DNA probe techlogies. In fact, these two techlogies have revolutionized the whole field of human, veterinary, and agriculture diagstics. The emphasis has been to develop tests that are fast, reliable, and user-friendly, and that can be performed on site by attending individuals or patients. The tests should also be amenable to automation for high throughput for use in commercial and hospital laboratories. The mushroomed growth of such diagstics has created a niche for a book that can bring together the perspective of the upcoming techlogies that are otherwise in their infancy. The intent of this book is to present readers with these state-of-the-art futuristic methods, which will be the hallmark of diagstics in the twenty-first century. These new techlogies have lain the foundation for a plethora of new diagstic companies whose products are still t fully accepted because of practical challenges and the newness of their ideas. The chapters in this book have been written by world-rewned authorities in their fields of expertise. All aspects of diagstics are covered: clinical, agricul- ture, veterinary, and environmental. State-of-the-art immudiagstic methods such as nephelometric immuassay, time-resolved fluoroimmuassay, and threshold immuassay are discussed. Chapters on DNA-probe-based diagstics and PCR techlogy are also included, since they are finding their ways rapidly because of their specificity and ease of probe production. A chapter on biosensors discusses the latest development on this topic and its possible potential in modem-day diagstics.
- Author(s)P. Singh
- Date of Publication29/02/2012
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notebiography
- Weight848 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.