Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionIn the course of a general process of social modernization throughout Europe since the early modern period, a communicative modernization has also taken place. In this context, both horizontal mobility and the various forms of population shift connected with it have played a role. European sociolinguistic research has dealt with the various social reasons for these variety shifts and variety changes. These articles are compiled and edited for the first time in the submitted work.
- Author BiographyThe Editor: Prof. Klaus J. Mattheier, born 1941, studied in Bonn and Bochum. Ph.D. 1971. Postdoctoral lecturing qualification, Bonn 1979. Professor of Germanic linguistics, Heidelberg 1980; research areas: German linguistic history of the early modern period, German dialectology, language change, sociolinguistics.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/10/2000
- Series TitleVariolingua. Nonstandard - Standard - Substandard
- Series Part/Volume Number12
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Notefig. and tables
- Weight330 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byKlaus J. Mattheier
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.