All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJean Beaufret is perhaps best kwn for posing the questions to which Martin Heidegger responded in his famous Letter on Humanism. These questions, hastily written in a Paris cafe, constitute an early and improvised moment that was to form a profound philosophical engagement and friendship between the two thinkers. Mark Sinclair presents, for the first time in English translation, the first of four volumes of Beaufret's essays. This volume covers Beaufret's development of Heidegger's approach to Greek thinking in six essays The Birth of Philosophy, Heraclitus and Parmenides, Reading Parmenides, Ze, A Note on Plato and Aristotle, and Energeia and Actus. Dialogue with Heidegger is an essential supplement to Heidegger's own work and a vital study of philosophy in its own right.
- Author BiographyJean Beaufret (1907-1982) was an important reader and translator of Martin Heidegger's work and played a key role in Heidegger's reception in France. The four volumes of Dialogues avec Heidegger were published between 1974 and 1985. Martin Heidegger (1889-1975), who became famous for his theories of being and human nature, is considered one of the most original and influential philosophers of the 20th century. Mark Sinclair teaches at Manchester Metropolitan University.
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication06/07/2006
- Series TitleStudies in Continental Thought
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note1 index
- Weight921 g
- Width3963 mm
- Height5969 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byJean Beaufret,Mark Sinclair
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.