All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.33Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionThe Lati/a diaspora is undoubtedly transforming the demographics and cultural geographies of the United States. Diaspora Studies in Education advances an active use of the concept of diaspora, focusing on processes that impact the diasporization of the Lati/a population, and more specifically, examining those diasporization processes in the arena of education. Focusing on the education of Puerto Ricans, the second largest Lati/a subgroup, the authors of this volume elucidate themes that are useful t only for those concerned with the education of Puerto Rican youth but also applicable to the study of other diasporic communities. The book is useful as a text in a variety of undergraduate and graduate courses, including foundations of education, multicultural education, anthropology of education, and introductory courses in Lati and ethnic studies departments.
- Author BiographyRosalie Rolon-Dow is Associate Professor in the College of Education and Human Development at the University of Delaware. Jason G. Irizarry is Director of the Center for Urban Education and Associate Professor in the College of Education at the University of Massachusetts-Amherst.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication30/10/2014
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Series TitleCritical Studies of Latinos/As in the Americas
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight460 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byJason G. Irizarry,Rosalie Rolon-Dow
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.