All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThrough a comprehensive study of Dickens' career this work examines the crucial role played by London in the character of the man and the development of his writing. It discusses the significance of Dickens' early childhood experience in moving to London, and the special place the city came to hold in his creative imagination throughout his life. Then, blending biography and literary analysis with urban and social history, Dr Schwarzbach traces the fascinating and often dramatic relationship of the vels to the ever changing Victorian urban scene. The vels emerge t only as valuable historical documents, astonishing in their comprehensiveness and accuracy of detail, but as a unique contribution to the growth of modern urban culture.
- Author BiographyDr Schwarzbach is Assistant Professor of English Literature at Washington University in St Louis.
- Author(s)F. S. Schwarzbach
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication07/11/2013
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleBloomsbury Academic Collections: English Literary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight337 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.