All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $75.99Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
About this product
- DescriptionWritten for librarians, teachers, and researchers, this is the second five-year supplement to the authors' Dictionary of American Children's Fiction, 1960-1984 (Greenwood, 1986). Its 567 entries cover 189 award-winning children's books by 136 authors published from 1990 to 1994. Included are concise critical reviews of vels, biographical profiles of authors, and descriptions of memorable characters. An appendix lists books by the awards they have won, and an extensive index allows complete access to the wealth of material contained within this reference work. Included are alphabetically arranged entries for those works that critics have singled out to receive awards or have placed on citation lists during the five years covered by the volume. The reference also contains biographical entries for leading authors of children's fiction, with entries focusing on how the author's life relates to children's literature and to particular works in this dictionary. The volume provides a list of awards, along with an appendix classifying individual works by the awards they have won. An extensive index provides full access to the wealth of information in this book.
- Author BiographyALETHEA K. HELBIG is Professor of English Language and Literature at Eastern Michigan University. A former president of the Children's Literature Association, she has published more than one hundred articles in professional journals such as Children's Literature, and The Children's Literature Association Quarterly and reference books such as American Women Writers, Writers for Children, and Masterplots. AGNES REGAN PERKINS is Professor Emeritus of English Language and Literature at Eastern Michigan University. She has published numerous articles in journals and reference books, including A Tolkien Compass, Unicorn, Children's Literature, The Children's Literature Association Quarterly, Writers for Children, and Masterplots. She is co-compiler of the poetry anthologies New Coats and Strange Harbors (with Helen Hill), Straight on Till Morning, and Dusk to Dawn (both with Hill and Alethea Helbig). Books written by Helbig and Perkins include: This Land Is Our Land: A Guide to Multicultural Literature for Children and Young Adults (1994), Dictionary of Children's Fiction from Australia, Canada, India, New Zealand, and Selected African Countries (1992), and Dictionary of American Children's Fiction, 1985-1989 (1993), all published by Greenwood Press.
- Author(s)Agnes Regan Perkins,Alethea K. Helbig
- Date of Publication01/11/1996
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight884 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.