All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionMore than 8,000 idiomatic words and phrases that are standard in American English are listed with definitions and sample sentences to clarify their meanings. Earlier editions of this A-to-Z dictionary have proved especially helpful to TOEFL and TOEIC test takers, as well as to other students in North America for whom English is their second language. Idioms undergo constant change in every living language, some falling out of use while new words and phrases become part of the standard vocabulary. This new edition takes account of the latest idiomatic changes and presents a solid background to informal American English.
- Author(s)Adam Makkai
- PublisherBarron's Educational Series Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication14/06/2013
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Place of PublicationHauppauge
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBarron's Educational Series Inc.,U.S.
- Weight590 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement4th edition
Most relevant reviews
- lucybox200906 Sep, 2013by
Very useful dictionary of American idioms!!!
I like this dictionary very much. Book contents includes 9 different languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Russian and Spanish. Book include 391 pages. I recommend this book for all people who interest American English language and who wants to know this language as own native!!!