All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.83Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $102.82
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $57.63Trending at AU $60.49
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an up-to-date guide for teachers and parents, administrators, goverrs , students and others to help the find their way about the increasingly complex world of education. The main section provides a dictionary that is more than a simple set of definitions: many words in education have been put into some kind of historical context to become fully meaningful. The second part gives some important landmarks from the nineteenth century to the present time, and also provides a list of political heads of education since state education was established. The final section is devoted to a list of acronyms and abbreviations, both of which have been the subject of multiple definitions in recent years.
- Author BiographyDennis Lawton is Professor of Education at the Institute of Education, University of London, of which he was Director from 1983 to 1989. He has taught both in schools and at university and is a former Chairman of the Joint Council for the General Certificate of Secondary Education. Peter Gordon is Emeritus Professor of Education at the Institute of Education, University of London. He has written extensively on the history of education, education policy, and political history. He has taught in primary and secondary schools and was for eight years one of Her Majesty's Inspectors of Schools.
- Author(s)Professor Denis Lawton,Professor Peter Gordon
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2003
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleWoburn Education Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoutledge Falmer
- Weight498 g
- Width164 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.