All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA newly revised edition of the standard reference for the field today updated with new terms, major discoveries, significant scientists, and illustrations Developmental biology is the study of the mechanisms of development, differentiation, and growth in animals and plants at the molecular, cellular, and genetic levels. The discipline has gained prominence in part due to new interdisciplinary approaches and advances in techlogy, which have led to the rapid emergence of new concepts and words. The Dictionary of Developmental Biology and Embryology, Second Edition is the first comprehensive reference focused on the field's terms, research, history, and people. This authoritative A-to-Z resource covers classical morphological and cytological terms along with those from modern genetics and molecular biology. Extensively cross-referenced, the Dictionary includes definitions of terms, explanations of concepts, and biographies of historical figures. Comparative aspects are described in order to provide a sense of the evolution of structures, and topics range from fundamental termilogy, germ layers, and induction to RNAi, evo-devo, stem cell differentiation, and more. Readers will find such features of embryology and developmental biology as: * Vertebrates * Invertebrates * Plants * Developmental genetics * Evolutionary developmental biology * Molecular developmental biology * Medical embryology The author's premium on accessibility allows readers at all levels to enhance their vocabulary in their field and understand termilogy beyond their specific focus. Researchers and students in developmental biology, cell biology, developmental genetics, and embryology will find the dictionary to be a vital resource.
- Author BiographyDr. Dye is Professor of Developmental Biology at Western Connecticut State University. His expertise is in stem cell, embryo and organ culture and he teaches developmental biology and vertebrate embryology. He is the author of numerous articles and two books, including the first edition of the dictionary.
- Author(s)Frank J. Dye
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication28/02/2012
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight458 g
- Width178 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $17.80Trending at AU $22.39
- AU $43.34Trending at AU $44.65
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $37.27
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $34.27
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.66
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.