All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFurniture is far too often taken for granted, despite the fact that we are surrounded by it daily. However, designers and artists throughout the world have been inspired by its history, beauty, and creativity. This third edition of a classic encyclopedia offers a detailed examination of artistic and cultural trends of the past and present by looking at how furniture affected the time in which it was made. The book is updated through to the twentieth century and includes an introduction, bibliography, and index in addition to black-and-white illustrations. Two appendixes also provide tips on shopping for the best bargains, determining fakes and reproductions, and handling professional dealers, as well as a comprehensive list of public collections of fine furniture in the United States. In a comprehensive listing of entries from Aalto, Hugo Alvar Henrik to Zui Weng Yi, Boyce illuminates readers about furniture styles, construction details, termilogy, furniture designers, and design movements throughout history and throughout the world. Styles covered include European-inspired classical, baroque, pop, rococo, and modernist. This extensive guide will be helpful for furniture enthusiasts, historians, and those interested in redecorating their homes.
- Author BiographyCharles Boyce is a writer, editor, and longtime student of art history with a special interest in the decorative arts. He is a graduate of Dartmouth College and currently lives in New York. Joseph T. Butler was the American editor of The Connoisseur and an adjunct professor of architecture at Columbia University. His previous books include Field Guide to American Antique Furniture, American Furniture, and Van Cortlandt Manor.
- Author(s)Charles Boyce
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication16/01/2014
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Note479 illustrations
- Weight816 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.