All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Dictionary of Media and Communication Studies has provided students and the general public alike with a gateway into the study of intercultural communication, public relations and marketing communications since 1984. In this 9th edition, James Watson and Anne Hill provide a detailed compendium of the different facets of personal, group, mass-media and internet communication that continues to be a vital source of information for all those interested in how communication affects our lives. They cover new applications and developments, such as the incorporation of Neuroscience techniques in advertising and marketing. Other updates include Cyber-bullying, Twitter scandals, conduct in media organizations, on-line lobbying, global protesting/petitioning, and gender issues relating to social media in general. While new entries explore the profound shifts that have taken place in the world of communication in recent years, the purpose of this new edition is t necessarily to keep abreast of every new media event but to reflect the trends that influence and prompt such events, such as the Leveson Inquiry and Report and phone hacking via mobile phones. Politics seems to be playing out more on Twitter than in The Times. This volume seeks to make its twenty-first century readers more media literate, as well as more critical consumers of modern news.
- Author BiographyJames Watson was formerly a Senior Lecturer in Media and Course Director of a BA in Media & Communication at University of Greenwich with West Kent College, UK. He is author of What is Communication Studies? (1985) and Media Communication: An Introduction to Theory and Process (2008), now in its third edition. His book Talking in Whispers which won The Other Award, was Highly Commended in the Carnegie Awards and was winner of the Buxtehuder Bulle Prize for teen fiction. Recent publications include Key Themes in Interpersonal Communication (2007). Anne Hill was formerly a Principal Lecturer in Communication Studies at Southampton Solent University, UK and is currently a Visiting Lecturer at Winchester School of Art, University of Southampton, UK. She is a co-author of Key Themes in Interpersonal Communication (2007).
- Author(s)Anne Hill,James Watson
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing Plc
- Date of Publication22/10/2015
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic USA
- Content Note100 bw illus
- Weight653 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement9th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.