Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $16.66Trending at AU $30.84
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
About this product
- DescriptionTristram Cary's remarkable encyclopedia is the first comprehensive book on the techlogy of music. Its 600 copiously illustrated main entries and 200 subsidiary ones cover an immense musical field. Included are entries on traditional and electronic instruments, and on such topics as computer music composition, microphone placement, and psychoacoustics. They are carefully cross-referenced so that readers can approach a topic from different angles and then be drawn into its complexities, both technical and musical, as far as they wish. This volume will be an essential reference work for music and audio professionals, students, and all music lovers wanting to kw more about the techniques behind the music.
- Author BiographyTRISTRAM CARY is a distinguished composer and one of the world's leading experts on electronic music, a field in which he was a pioneer. He was founder of the Royal College of Music electronic music studio in 1967 and later became a lecturer at the universities of Melbourne and Adelaide. He is also a writer and broadcaster.
- Author(s)Tristam Cary
- Date of Publication30/08/1992
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1015 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.