All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- Description'A useful book for the specialist engaged in assessment and research'. - Journal of Analytical Psychology 'This book is a must-have for the bookshelf if you are a student or practitioner in the fields of psychology or even sociology. It will be of equal value to anyone working in the fields of brain injury, mental health or related fields. It is a handbook of references, terms and abbreviations related to neuroanatomy, psychology, medicine and their experiments and therapies, as well as dipping in and out of statistical processes and their meanings. The book will have broad appeal from student to practitioner to doctor. This book is a new and improved second edition. I only wish I had kwn of the existence of the first edition as it will most certainly prove a valuable tool.' - The Encephalitis Society The fully revised and updated second edition of this well-established reference provides over 400 new or improved terms, and is an exhaustive guide to the key terms used in psychological testing, assessment and measurement. Over 3000 definitions offer clear explanations of statistical procedures commonly used in psychology; major psychometric and other psychological tests; categories of mental illness, mental disability, and brain damage; frequently used medical terms; basic neuroanatomy; and types of psychological therapies. This book is suitable for all levels of understanding, from undergraduate and postgraduate students to practitioners of psychology and associated fields, with particular attention to statistical terms used in typical university syllabuses, as well as tests commonly available in computer packages and cited in psychological journals and similar publications.
- Author BiographyProfessor Ian Stuart-Hamilton was successively a researcher or lecturer at the Universities of Manchester, Lancaster, Buckingham and Worcester, and is currently Professor of Developmental Psychology and Faculty Head of Research at University of Glamorgan.
- Author(s)Ian Stuart-Hamilton
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication28/06/2007
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.