All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionAn authoritative dictionary of the meanings and derivations of Welsh place-names. The first of its kind in Wales, this volume deals with most of the place-names of Wales as well as prominent features of the landscape. Also includes an invaluable glossary of the place-name elements. First published in November 2007.
- Author BiographyProfessor Hywel Wyn Owen is Director of the Place-name Research Centre at Bangor University and Vice President of the Society for Name Studies in Britain and Ireland. He is a regular broadcaster, and advises the Welsh Assembly and the Welsh Language Board and other national bodies on matters pertaining to place-names.Richard Morgan is an archivist, formerly with Shropshire and now with Glamorgan Record Office. He is an honorary lecturer at the School of Welsh at Bangor University.Both have published extensively and are acknowledged as leading authorities on the place-names of Wales.
- Author(s)Hywel Wyn Owen,Richard Morgan
- PublisherGomer Press
- Date of Publication30/11/2007
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Place of PublicationDyfed
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGomer Press
- Weight1070 g
- Width160 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine48 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.