Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $43.60Trending at AU $86.60
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.30
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.11
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.15
- AU $56.16Trending at AU $56.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.32
About this product
- DescriptionThis title features text in German. Tectonics is back on the agenda for contemporary architectural discussion. Up to w tectonics tended to be associated with the language of neo-Classical architecture, which seemed to have faded out because of the triumph of Modernism, but w the dogmas of Modernism are being questioned, interest is reviving in architecture using tectonic design principles. So Die Tektonik der Hellenen , Botticher's main work published in 1844-52, does t just provide a theory of tectonic form that is still estimable today, it also contains a theory about the central problem of the 19th century, that of taking over the stylistic forms of past epochs.
- Author BiographyHartmut Mayer studied architecture and town planning at the University of Stuttgart and philosophy at the University of Tubingen. He works as an architect, specializing in planning public buildings. The current work arose from a dissertation under Klaus Jan Philipp at the University of Stuttgart's Institut fur Architekturgeschichte.
- Author(s)Hartmut Mayer
- PublisherEdition Axel Menges
- Date of Publication20/04/2004
- Place of PublicationFellbach
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintEdition Axel Menges
- Content Note56 illus
- Weight923 g
- Width284 mm
- Height233 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.