All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThe purpose of this work is twofold. First, Die Verlobung in St. Domingo is analyzed, emphasizing the topics of society and race, interpersonal relationships, and death; the historical back- ground at the time of the racial war in Haiti is illustrated; the English and French versions are examined. Secondly, the three works that were inspired by Kleist's Novelle are analyzed: A play by Kleist's contemporary Theodor Koerner, and two operas by the modern composers Winfried Zillig and Werner Egk.
- Author(s)Almute Wedekind
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication31/12/1983
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies Series 1: Germanic Languages and Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number12
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1983
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight190 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.