All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe look of a Polaroid influenced my work immensely as their colorations and depth have a painterly and dreamlike quality, versus the realism that an actual image does through the camera's lens. They have a magical appearance, as they deliver less intensity in coloration and pigmentations then fi lm does. The time period where Polaroids were the basis of my work was from 1982 - 2006, before the digital era became an unavoidable replacement. The work in the book is a selection of my favorite imagery stemming from a combination of both personal and commercial efforts spanning 25 years. My approach to either was universal in that my strength is in lighting and composition, which was enhanced by the Polaroid's attributes. This book is momentous for me as seeing a compilation of the body of my work is extremely emotional. The integrity that comes with a Polaroid - in that it cant be retouched or manipulated to the degree that digital photography can be - is a principle that I apply to all areas of my life. The majority of the images is timeless and enduring, and captures the personalities and tendencies in a brief, singular and unalterable moment. I appreciate the realism of a Polaroid, which is also tinged with reverie.
- Author(s)Diane von Furstenberg,Diego Uchitel
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- Place of PublicationBologna
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight2020 g
- Width248 mm
- Height314 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.