Diet Therapy in Advanced Practice Nursing: Nutrition Prescriptions for Improved Patient Outcomes by Cheryl Winter, Katie Ferraro (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $72.69+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $26.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionA Doody's Core Title for 2015. Proven nutrition strategies for optimizing health and combating specific diseases - written for the advanced practice nurse As scientific evidence continues to emerge showing the underlying role nutrition and diet play in preventing and treating common health issues such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and cancer, there's renewed emphasis by healthcare providers on delivering individualized nutrition prescriptions to patients to improve health outcomes. While this role has traditionally been performed in out-patient and in-patient settings by registered dieticians, advanced practice nurses w play a major role in giving diet and nutrition advice to patients and, in some cases, prescribing medical and diet therapy plans. Diet Therapy in Advanced Practice Nursing gathers together the evidence-based guidelines and practices recommended for the prevention, management, and treatment of a variety of disease states. Co-authors Katie Ferraro, RD, and Cheryl Winter, RD, NP, used their combined kwledge and experience in nutrition and nursing practice to write an easy-to-use book that gives readers practical resources such as: meal planning and tracking tools; nutrition screening, assessment, and counseling techniques; and, body weight regulation principles; nutrition assessment and monitoring parameters. Individual chapters cover nutrition for all major disease states, giving prevention guidelines, medical nutrition and diet therapy recommendations, patient education tools, and detailed complication and side effect considerations. The book concludes with appendices containing key information for clinical reference, including Dietary Reference Intake (DRI) tables, USDA Food Patterns, CDC Growth Charts, and Useful Conversions for Nutrition.
- Author BiographyKatie Ferraro, MPH, RD, CDE, is a registered dietitian, certified diabetes educator, and nutrition consultant based in San Diego, California. Specializing in nutrition communications and curriculum development, Katie's approach to primary care nutrition is If you can't beat 'em ... teach 'em! She is an Assistant Clinical Professor of Nutrition in the graduate schools of nursing at the University of California San Francisco and the University of San Diego. Katie obtained her undergraduate degree in Dietetics from Texas Christian University and Master of Public Health Nutrition from the University of California, Berkeley. She is a former Peace Corps Volunteer (Nepal) and an avid traveler and intrepid taster of new foods. You can find Katie online at www.ingrainhealth.com. Cheryl Haas Winter, MS RD, MS APRN, CDE, BC-ADM, FNP-BC is a registered dietitian and advanced practice registered nurse, who is board-certified as a family nurse practitioner. Cheryl has been passionate about the powers of food and nutrition since high school, which is why she first became a registered dietitian. Believing food and nutrition to be the best medicine for prevention and treatment of disease eventually led her to become a registered nurse and then family nurse practitioner so that her patients were sure to be prescribed necessary medical nutrition therapy. Being focused on preventing and treating obesity and diabetes, Cheryl also became board-certified in advanced diabetes management, and currently practices as a diabetes specialist healthcare provider in Houston, Texas for DiabetesAmerica. Additionally, she is a weight-management specialist and certified diabetes educator/consultant with her own company, DiabeteStepsRx (http://diabetestepsrx.com).
- Author(s)Cheryl Winter,Katie Ferraro
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleNursing
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Medical
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight562 g
- Width119 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.