All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough he is regarded as one of the most influential artists of the twentieth century for his artists' books, prints and sculptures often made with found materials, Dieter Roth (1930-1998) always thought of himself mainly as a writer, viewing his artistic work as a way to earn money for his writing. The use of language accordingly forms a leitmotif throughout Roth's entire oeuvre. Drawing on significant works from various phases of Roth's career, Dieter Roth: Balle Balle Knalle explores an essential connective thread in Roth's varied body of work, showing how text and image were intimately connected for the artist and how his literary and artistic endeavors cross-pollinated each other. This volume, published to accompany an exhibition at the Kunstmuseum Stuttgart, includes new texts by Sven Beckstette, Julia Gelshorn, Benjamin Meyer-Krahmer and Stefan Ripplinger.
- Author(s)Benjamin Meyer-Krahmer,Julia Gelshorn,Sven Beckstette
- PublisherVerlag der Buchhandlung Walther Konig
- Date of Publication05/11/2014
- LanguageEnglish and Dutch text.
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationCologne
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintVerlag der Buchhandlung Walther Konig
- Weight771 g
- Width170 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine23 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.