All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionDifference Equations: Theory, Applications and Advanced Topics, Third Edition provides a broad introduction to the mathematics of difference equations and some of their applications. Many worked examples illustrate how to calculate both exact and approximate solutions to special classes of difference equations. Along with adding several advanced topics, this edition continues to cover general, linear, first-, second-, and n-th order difference equations; nlinear equations that may be reduced to linear equations; and partial difference equations. New to the Third Edition * New chapter on special topics, including discrete Cauchy-Euler equations; gamma, beta, and digamma functions; Lambert W-function; Euler polymials; functional equations; and exact discretizations of differential equations * New chapter on the application of difference equations to complex problems arising in the mathematical modeling of phemena in engineering and the natural and social sciences * Additional problems in all chapters * Expanded bibliography to include recently published texts related to the subject of difference equations Suitable for self-study or as the main text for courses on difference equations, this book helps readers understand the fundamental concepts and procedures of difference equations. It uses an informal presentation style, avoiding the minutia of detailed proofs and formal explanations.
- Author(s)Ronald E. Mickens
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication23/03/2015
- Series TitleChapman & Hall/CRC Monographs and Research Notes in Mathematics
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note46 black & white illustrations, 9 black & white tables
- Weight907 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.