All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKrantz is a very prolific writer. He ...creates excellent examples and problem sets. -Albert Boggess, Professor and Director of the School of Mathematics and Statistical Sciences, Arizona State University, Tempe, USA Designed for a one- or two-semester undergraduate course, Differential Equations: Theory, Technique and Practice, Second Edition educates a new generation of mathematical scientists and engineers on differential equations. This edition continues to emphasize examples and mathematical modeling as well as promote analytical thinking to help students in future studies. New to the Second Edition * Improved exercise sets and examples * Reorganized material on numerical techniques * Enriched presentation of predator-prey problems * Updated material on nlinear differential equations and dynamical systems * A new appendix that reviews linear algebra In each chapter, lively historical tes and mathematical nuggets enhance students' reading experience by offering perspectives on the lives of significant contributors to the discipline. Anatomy of an Application sections highlight rich applications from engineering, physics, and applied science. Problems for review and discovery also give students some open-ended material for exploration and further learning.
- Author BiographySteven G. Krantz is a professor of mathematics at Washington University in St. Louis. He has written more than 65 books and more than 175 scholarly papers and is the founding editor of the Journal of Geometric Analysis. An AMS Fellow, Dr. Krantz has been a recipient of the Chauvenet Prize, Beckenbach Book Award, and Kemper Prize. He received a Ph.D. from Princeton University.
- Author(s)George F. Simmons,Steven G. Krantz
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication18/12/2014
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleTextbooks in Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Number17
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note156 black & white illustrations, 9 black & white tables
- Weight932 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.99
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $36.82Trending at AU $37.88
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.28
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.