All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionDifferential Equations: Theory, Technique, and Practice with Boundary Value Problems presents classical ideas and cutting-edge techniques for a contemporary, undergraduate-level, one- or two-semester course on ordinary differential equations. Authored by a widely respected researcher and teacher, the text covers standard topics such as partial differential equations (PDEs), boundary value problems, numerical methods, and dynamical systems. Lively historical tes and mathematical nuggets of information enrich the reading experience by offering perspective on the lives of significant contributors to the discipline. Anatomy of an Application sections highlight applications from engineering, physics, and applied science. Problems for review and discovery provide students with open-ended material for further exploration and learning. Streamlined for the interests of engineers, this version: * Includes new coverage of Sturm-Liouville theory and problems * Discusses PDEs, boundary value problems, and dynamical systems * Features an appendix that provides a linear algebra review * Augments the substantial and valuable exercise sets * Enhances numerous examples to ensure clarity A solutions manual is available with qualifying course adoption. Differential Equations: Theory, Technique, and Practice with Boundary Value Problems delivers a stimulating exposition of modeling and computing, preparing students for higher-level mathematical and analytical thinking.
- Author BiographySteven G. Krantz is a professor of mathematics at Washington University in St. Louis. He has written more than 175 scholarly papers and more than 65 books, including the following books published by CRC Press: Foundations of Analysis (2014), Convex Analysis (2014), Real Analysis and Foundations, Third Edition (2013), and Elements of Advanced Mathematics, Third Edition (2012). An AMS Fellow, Dr. Krantz has been a recipient of the Chauvenet Prize, Beckenbach Book Award, and Kemper Prize. He received a Ph.D from Princeton University.
- Author(s)Steven G. Krantz
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication20/10/2015
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleTextbooks in Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Number30
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note96 black & white illustrations, 6 black & white tables
- Weight804 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.