All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.07Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $19.05Trending at AU $23.14
About this product
- DescriptionDifferentiated Strategies for Writing in the Content Areas, Second Edition: A Multimedia Kit for Professional Development contains a DVD, a book, and a Facilitator's Guide. The video features top authors Carolyn Chapman and Rita King as well as classroom examples across grade levels and content areas, and addresses: * Writing styles * Methods for assessing and remediating writing problems * Flexible grouping * The writing process * Using different genres and formats * Lesson planning that supports students' individual needs before, during, and after writing. The Facilitator's Guide includes discussion questions, agendas, and workshop activities that may be used to help content teachers effectively incorporate differentiated writing strategies into their practice and improve both literacy levels and content learning.
- Author BiographyCarolyn Chapman is an international educational consultant, author, and teacher who has taught in kindergarten to college classrooms. Her interactive, hands-on professional development training sessions challenge educators to use strategies that ensure success for learners of all ages. Chapman has written many books about differentiated instruction, multiple intelligences, multiple assessments, and the brain-compatible classroom. She is coauthor with Gayle Gregory of the landmark Corwin Press book Differentiated Instructional Strategies: One Size Doesn't Fit All. Rita King has more than 20 years of teacher training experience and administrative experience as principal and director of Middle Tennessee State University's teacher training program in the laboratory school. Most recently, she was an adjunct professor in the Department of Educational Leadership at the university. She now consults internationally in the areas of multiple intelligences, practical applications of brain-based research, differentiated learning, reading and writing strategies, mathematics instruction, creating effective learning environments, and strategies for test success. She is the coauthor of Differentiated Instructional Strategies for Reading in the Content Areas, Differentiated Instructional Strategies for Writing in the Content Areas, and Differentiated Assessment Strategies: One Tool Doesn't Fit All.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication08/12/2009
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Weight953 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine48 mm
- Edited byCarolyn M. Chapman,Rita S. King
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM and DVD video
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.