All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Filled with easy-to-implement ideas, clearly explained. This book helps teachers differentiate with confidence. I absolutely recommend it to ALL teachers' - Steve Kbl, Principal, Gulf High School, New Port Richey, FL 'Chapman and King have done it again. The new edition has so many new activities and strategies for teachers to help students become motivated to write and become better writers!' - Linda Prichard, PreK/Fifth-Grade Instructional Specialist, Rutherford County Schools, Murfreesboro, TN Every classroom is made up of students at different levels of proficiency in writing. This concise guide helps teachers work with each students' unique skills and needs so that the student learns to apply information, demonstrate content mastery, think creatively and critically, and solve real-world problems through writing. This updated edition of a best-selling book offers explicit strategies for differentiating writing instruction to help students learn content and develop as writers. The authors address how to create a climate for writing, use flexible groupings, differentiate instruction, and assess student writing. Offering new strategies and activities for effective writing instruction, this second edition: - Covers informational text writing and critical thinking skills - Includes guidance for working with English language learners - Discusses current research about writing and learning - Offers expanded coverage of assessment methods and tools Differentiated Instructional Strategies for Writing in the Content Areas provides educators with the tools they need to address students' writing and learning needs across different grade levels, developmental stages, and learning styles.
- Author BiographyCarolyn Chapman is an international educational consultant, author, and teacher who has taught in kindergarten to college classrooms. Her interactive, hands-on professional development training sessions challenge educators to use strategies that ensure success for learners of all ages. Chapman has written many books about differentiated instruction, multiple intelligences, multiple assessments, and the brain-compatible classroom. She is coauthor with Gayle Gregory of the landmark Corwin Press book Differentiated Instructional Strategies: One Size Doesn't Fit All. Rita King has more than 20 years of teacher training experience and administrative experience as principal and director of Middle Tennessee State University's teacher training program in the laboratory school. Most recently, she was an adjunct professor in the Department of Educational Leadership at the university. She now consults internationally in the areas of multiple intelligences, practical applications of brain-based research, differentiated learning, reading and writing strategies, mathematics instruction, creating effective learning environments, and strategies for test success. She is the coauthor of Differentiated Instructional Strategies for Reading in the Content Areas, Differentiated Instructional Strategies for Writing in the Content Areas, and Differentiated Assessment Strategies: One Tool Doesn't Fit All.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication30/09/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Notefigures
- Weight386 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byCarolyn M. Chapman,Rita S. King
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $41.94Trending at AU $81.96
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.30
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.11
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.15
- AU $56.16Trending at AU $56.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.