Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- Description'I loved this book! It was so informative I couldn't put it down. Every teacher-beginning, experienced, urban, suburban, rural, and private-will find examples and ideas that they can use immediately' - Sharon Jeffery, National Board Certified Teacher, Plymouth Public Schools, MA 'Brilliant! An absolute goldmine for teachers. Each page delivers a nugget of insight, understanding and guidance for both easy and tough teaching situations' - B. Bradley West, Professor, Michigan State University 'Offers a suitcase filled with ideas to enhance any learning experience. The techniques offered range from simple modifications to more comprehensive restructuring of curriculum. There is something for everyone in this book' - Amy M. Zais, Associate Principal, Eau Claire North High School, WI 'Deftly illustrates how crucial the personality type and learning style of the teacher is to the learning environment in the classroom. The teacher emerges from this guide with a surer sense of self and how to help students achieve flow in the classroom so they can work in their best mode while also expanding into new ones' - Lyn Fairchild, Coordinator of Independent Learning, Duke University Students' learning styles are as unique as their personalities. As a result, the most successful teachers are often those who understand how to adjust their educational techniques to hor students of all intelligences and backgrounds. This comprehensive resource, based on the author's years of research and experience, presents a usable, understandable framework that assists teachers in achieving success in today's differentiated classroom. From easy-to-implement techniques to templates for planning lengthy curriculum units, teachers receive clear direction for appealing to the learning personalities in their diverse classrooms. Readers will also find: * Relevant stories, exercises, and examples to illustrate differentiated classroom instruction * Balanced advice for improving student growth and performance in small-group work, class discussions, and relationship building * Practical ideas and activities for immediate application in the classroom Discover teaching techniques that result in success for students of all learning styles!
- Author BiographyJane Kise, an educational consultant with extensive experience in leadership, instructional coaching, differentiation, and effective mathematics instruction, is considered a worldwide expert in Jungian type and its impact on leadership and education. The author of over 20 books, she works with schools and businesses, facilitating the creation of environments where everyone-leaders, teachers and students-can flourish. She trains educators around the world on coaching, collaborative practices, effective change processes, and differentiated instruction, especially in mathematics. A frequent conference keynote speaker, her past engagements include education conferences and type conferences across the United States and in Europe, Saudi Arabia, Australia and New Zealand. Jane has also written articles for several magazines and has received awards for her differentiated coaching research. Jane currently teaches doctoral courses in education leadership for the University of St. Thomas and is a past faculty member of the Center for Applications of Psychological Type. She served as President of the Association for Psychological Type International. She holds an MBA from the Carlson School of Management and a doctorate in Education Leadership from the University of St. Thomas. She is certified in Neuroscience and Jungian Personality, is a MBTI (R) Master Practitioner qualified to use MBTI Steps I, II and III, and is certified in emotional intelligence instruments and leadership 360 tools. You can read more about her work at www.janekise.com.
- Author(s)Jane A. G. Kise
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication06/02/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight776 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.