All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionCombine traditional techniques with modern media for more communicative renderings Digital Drawing for Landscape Architecture: Contemporary Techniques and Tools for Digital Representation in Site Design, Second Edition bridges the gap between traditional analog and new digital tools by applying timeless concepts of representation to enhance design work in digital media. The book explores specific techniques for creating landscape designs, including digitally rendered plans, perspectives, and diagrams, and the updated second edition offers expanded coverage of newer concepts and techniques. Readers will gain insight into the roles of different drawings, with a clear emphasis on presenting a solid understanding of how diagram, plan, section, elevation, and perspective work together to present a comprehensive design approach. Digital rendering is faster, more efficient, and more flexible than traditional rendering techniques, but the design principles and elements involved are still grounded in hand-rendering techniques. Digital Drawing for Landscape Architecture exploits both modalities to help designers create more beautiful, accurate, and communicative drawings in a professional studio environment. This second edition contains revised information on plan rendering techniques, camera matching workflow, and color selection, along with brand new features, like: * Time-based imagery and tools * Workflow integration techniques * Photoshop and Illustrator task automation * Over 400 updated images, plus over 50 new examples of award-winning work The book takes a tutorial-based approach to digital rendering, allowing readers to start practicing immediately and get up to speed quickly. Communication is a vital, but often overlooked component of the design process, and designers rely upon their drawings to translate concepts from idea to plan. Digital Drawing for Landscape Architecture provides the guidance landscape designers need to create their most communicative renderings yet.
- Author BiographyBRADLEY CANTRELL is Principal of Visual Logic and Associate Professor of Architectural Technology at the Harvard Graduate School of Design. WES MICHAELS is a Principal at Spackman Mossop Michaels Landscape Architecture and an Associate Professor of Landscape Architecture at Louisiana State University.
- Author(s)Bradley Cantrell,Wes Michaels
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication23/12/2014
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight828 g
- Width191 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.