All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $30.02Trending at AU $32.14
About this product
- DescriptionIn the world of the Macintosh, the digital hub is the place to be: where music, movies, digital photos, CDs, and DVDs converge. Apple's free i-ware is a key component behind this convergence--iTunes for MP3 music, iMovie for digital video, iPhoto for digital photography, iDVD for creating DVD discs, and iTools for publishing digital content on the Web. While these tools are more elegant than most, creating digital content is never straightforward. There are technical and creativity concepts to master, like how to balance file size and image quality in digital photography and how to create effective DVD menus, as well as more advanced concepts, like how to record Internet radio for later playback, prepare iMovies for Web distribution, and get digital photos printed onto mugs and mousepads. The Macintosh Digital Hub addresses all these concepts and more via a DVD-book format that delivers a highly interactive, fun learning experience. The DVD contains over two hours of instructional material. Readers actually see the steps involved in digitizing a CD, creating a movie, burning a DVD and more. When they want more technical background and tips, they can turn to the beautifully illustrated companion sections of the book. MP3 fans, home movie buffs, and amateur and professional photographers alike will find The Macintosh Digital Hub the interactive key to getting up and running on Apple i-ware.
- Author BiographyJim Heid is one of the most admired writers and instructors in theMacintosh community. A contributing editor of Macworld magazine since 1984,he also covers personal technology for the Los Angeles Times, as well aspresiding over numerous Thunder Lizard Productions conferences, includingWeb Design World, Web Builder, and Macromedia Web World. He recentlyco-founded Avondale Media, where, as editorial director, he oversees theplanning and production of DVD-based courses on all manner of computerapplications. An indefatigable digital media maven, Jim co-hosts Point &Click Radio , a weekly call-in show on KZYX, Mendocino (CA) County PublicBroadcasting, and he's the onscreen host of several Avondale Media trainingDVDs.
- Author(s)Jim Heid
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication17/07/2002
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectComputing: General
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeachpit Press Publications
- Out-of-print date12/06/2010
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight518 g
- Width216 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.