All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAvoiding heavy mathematics and lengthy programming details, Digital Image Processing: An Algorithmic Approach with MATLAB(R) presents an easy methodology for learning the fundamentals of image processing. The book applies the algorithms using MATLAB(R), without bogging down students with syntactical and debugging issues. One chapter can typically be completed per week, with each chapter divided into three sections. The first section presents theoretical topics in a very simple and basic style with generic language and mathematics. The second section explains the theoretical concepts using flowcharts to streamline the concepts and to form a foundation for students to code in any programming language. The final section supplies MATLAB codes for reproducing the figures presented in the chapter. Programming-based exercises at the end of each chapter facilitate the learning of underlying concepts through practice. This textbook equips undergraduate students in computer engineering and science with an essential understanding of digital image processing. It will also help them comprehend more advanced topics and sophisticated mathematical material in later courses. A color insert is included in the text while various instructor resources are available on the author's website.
- Author BiographyUvais Qidwai is an assistant professor in the computer science and engineering department at Qatar University in Doha. C.H. Chen is chancellor professor in electrical and computer engineering at the University of Massachusetts in North Dartmouth.
- Author(s)C. H. Chen,Uvais Qidwai
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/10/2009
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleChapman & Hall/CRC Textbooks in Computing
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 2
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChapman & Hall/CRC
- Content Note117 black & white illustrations, 14 colour illustrations, 10 black & white tables
- Weight589 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.