All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEffective digital skills are essential for all teachers and tutors in the Further Education (FE) and Skills Sector. This text brings together important theory and research around digital literacy and outlines what this means for teaching in the sector. It is a practical guide that: * introduces different types of web-based techlogies and explores how they can be used in teaching * provides guidance on the digital skills teachers and tutors need and how they can be developed * examines issues of digital safety, security and responsibility and how online learning communities can be accessed *applies critical thinking, creativity and responsibility to the processes of using digital techlogies inside and outside of the classroom Providing a comprehensive framework, underpinned by the standards through which to develop digital literacy skills, this is an essential resource for those teaching or training to teach in the FE and Skills sector.
- Author BiographyJonathan White is an experienced and qualified teacher and librarian. Since 2006 he has worked in the Secondary, Further Education and, currently, Higher Education sectors supporting learning and delivering teaching on digital and information literacy and learning technologies. He is currently based within the Institute for Learning Enhancement and Innovation at the University of Derby, where he works as part of a team to support student and staff development of digital and information literacy. Jonathan received his MA from Loughborough University with a thesis on the teaching of IT skills in public libraries and he framed his PGCE (Lifelong Learning Sector) work around the teaching of information literacy at Rotherham College of Arts and Technology. He is a member of the Institute for Learning (IfL) and the Chartered institute of Library and Information Professionals (CILIP). He is active within his professions and writes a blog on the teaching of digital and information literacy at teachdigitalliteracy.com.
- Author(s)Jonathan P. White
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication21/09/2015
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.