All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs the distinction between the digital and the material world becomes increasingly blurred, the ways in which we think about design are also shifting and evolving. How can the human, digital and material be brought together to intervene in the world? What constitutes our digital-material environments? How can we engage with digital techlogies to make sustainable, healthy and meaningful decisions, both w and in the future? Digital Materialities presents twelve chapters by scholars and practitioners working at the intersection between design and digital research in the UK, Spain, Australia and the USA. By incorporating in-depth understandings of the digital-material world from both the social sciences and design, the book considers how this combined kwledge might advance our capacity to design for the future. Divided into three parts, the focus of the book moves from the theoretical to the practical: how different digital materialities are imagined and emerge, through software emulation, urban sensors and smart homes; how new digital designs are sparked through collaborations between social scientists and designers; and finally, how digital design emerges from the insider work of everyday designers. A fascinating, ground-breaking book for students and scholars of digital anthropology, media and communication, and anyone interested in the future of digital design.
- Author BiographySarah Pink is Professor of Design and Media Ethnography at RMIT University, Australia. Elisenda Ardevol is Senior Lecturer of Social Anthropology and Cultural Studies at the Open University of Catalonia, Spain. Debora Lanzeni is Researcher at the Internet Interdisciplinary Institute at the Open University of Catalonia, Spain.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication25/02/2016
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content Note60 bw illus
- Weight465 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited bySarah Pink
- Format DetailsHardback (stationery)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.