All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionTomorrow's Techlogy and You provides you with an understanding of information techlogy so you can successfully navigate change and advance into the future. Today we're standing at the junction of three powerful and rapidly evolving techlogical forces: computers, communications, and digital entertainment. Computer techlogy is showing up in everything from automobiles to home appliances to telephones to televisions, and the lines that separate these machines are fading. This digital convergence is rapidly--and radically--altering the world in which we live.
- Author BiographyGeorge Beekman is an Honorary Instructor in the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at Oregon State University. For more than two decades he designed and taught courses in computer literacy, interactive multimedia, computer ethics, and computer programming at OSU. His innovative computer literacy course served as the inspiration for Computer Currents, the first edition of the book that evolved into Digital Planet. George Beekman has taught workshops in computer literacy and multimedia for students, educators, and economically disadvantaged families from the Atlantic to Alaska. He has written many books on computers, information technology, and multimedia, as well as more than 100 articles and reviews for Macworld and other popular publications. George also bikes, hikes, and runs on Oregon trails and roads, produces and plays acoustic and electronic music, shoots and edits photos and videos, and cultivates community connections on and off line. Ben Beekman is a multimedia designer, writer, and technical consultant based in Portland, Oregon. Ben has developed multimedia Web sites for businesses, nonprofits, artists, and musicians. He has done extensive desktop publishing, page layout, and design for periodicals and one-shot publications. He has written blogs for the Web and technology reviews for print media. He has worked behind-the-scenes on several books, and co-authored the last two editions of this one. Ben also composes, mixes, and remixes music and video, tracks the evolving Internet, consumes comedy, plays disc golf, and enjoys the outdoors with friends and his dog Gizmo.
- Author(s)Ben Beekman,George Beekman
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication21/02/2011
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight840 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition StatementUnited States ed of 10th revised ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.