Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionDuring the 20th century, the perception of landscape changed dramatically, mainly owing to globalization and the emerging ecological movements. Survey specialists and cartographers played a major role in this process, since the representation of landscape on maps or in Geographic Information Systems shapes popular perception of the environment. A comparison between Germany and the USA demonstrates that both countries were subject to the same processes that caused a fundamental change in the human understanding of space and landscape. However, the processes met with different cartographical styles in these two countries, which modified the reactions to the technical and social changes of the 20th century. This study combines aspects of environmental and spatial history with technical and science history and integrates these aspects within the cultural history of the 20th century. German text.
- Author(s)Manuel Schramm
- PublisherFranz Steiner Verlag Wiesbaden GmbH
- Date of Publication13/08/2009
- Series TitlePallas Athene. Beitrage Zur Universitats- Und Wissenschaftsg
- Series Part/Volume Number30
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintFranz Steiner Verlag Wiesbaden GmbH
- Out-of-print date26/01/2017
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.