All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this Fifth Edition of her acclaimed text, Elizabeth D. Hutchison uses her multidimensional framework (person, environment, and time) as a way to effectively organize human behavior theory course material in a meaningful way for students. Thoroughly updated to reflect recent developments in the field, the book provides a comprehensive and readable global perspective on the person and environment construct, weaving powerful case studies with recent invations in theory and research. Examining both predictable and unpredictable changes that can impact human behavior across time, the book looks at all the major developmental stages ranging from conception through very late adulthood, and covers life stages that are often overlooked in other texts (such as very late adulthood).
- Author BiographyElizabeth D. Hutchison, MSW, PhD, received her MSW from the George Warren Brown School of Social Work at Washington University in St. Louis and her PhD from the University at Albany, State University of New York. She was on the faculty in the Social Work Department at Elms College from 1980 to 1987, and served as chair of the department from 1982 to 1987. She was on the faculty in the School of Social Work at Virginia Commonwealth University from 1987 to 2009, where she taught courses in human behavior and the social environment, social work and social justice, and child and family policy; she also served as field practicum liaison. She has been a social worker in health, mental health, aging, and child and family welfare settings. She is committed to providing social workers with comprehensive, current, and useful frameworks for thinking about human behavior. Her other research interests focus on child and family welfare. She currently lives in Rancho Mirage, California where she is active in environmental justice issues facing farm workers in East Coachella Valley.
- Author(s)Elizabeth D. Hutchison
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication23/10/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour tables
- Weight1021 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.