All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
About this product
- DescriptionAdvertising has had a racial dimension from slavery to the present. Contributors to this book explore the role of institutionalized racism and bigotry in multicultural marketing since its inception in the 1920s. Promoting ethnic diversity in the advertising industry is t just an important regulatory issue but essential for representation of ethnic images in marketing. Dimensions of Racism in Advertising will be useful for both research and teaching purposes. It can be used as a textbook in upper-level courses in African American studies, ethnic studies, advertising, mass media, public policy, sociology, and history. For policy makers, it will provide an alternative explanation for the stereotypical portrayal of Africans and African Americans in the United States and elsewhere. It will be similarly useful for n-governmental organizations in fighting institutional racism and the marginalization of ethnic and racial groups in advertising and marketing.
- Author BiographyEdward Lama Wonkeryor is Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs and Professor of Media and Communication and African Studies at Cuttington University. He also taught courses in African studies, African American studies, and mass communication at Temple University from 2003 to 2013. His research interests are mass communication, race and ethnic relations, security studies, African political history, military, globalization, and democratic governance.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication28/06/2015
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight270 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byEdward Lama Wonkeryor
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.