All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionThe articles in this volume investigate everyday textual material of sociolinguistic landscapes in the early 21st century. Sociolinguistic landscapes reflect societal change, and they enable observers to map what linguistic resources are used in various contexts and to study how these resources interact and are interpreted. The articles present t only quantitative results of the presence of languages in signs but also look into how authors and designers make use of an endless pool of linguistic resources, how visible semiotic items contribute to create a sense of space, what types of mental processes are involved in the production, and how various audiences (residents, occasional passers-by, and language regulators) interpret and construct signs and sociolinguistic landscapes to form their own understanding of semiotic space.
- Author BiographyMikko Laitinen is currently Professor of English Linguistics at Linnaeus University in Sweden. Anastassia Zabrodskaja is currently Professor of Estonian as a Second Language at Tallinn University and Senior Research Fellow in Sociolinguistics at the University of Tartu (Estonia).
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication27/03/2015
- Series TitleSprachkoennen und Sprachbewusstheit in Europa / Language Competence and Language Awareness in Europe
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight480 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAnastassia Zabrodskaja,Mikko Laitinen
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.