All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStories in South Africa kept the dream of freedom alive during the colonial and apartheid years; and the tradition of the people and elders of a village meeting under the shade of a tree is based on telling stories as a way of arriving at an understanding. From the fertile land of Cycadia to the suburbs of Johannesburg, this rich tradition is brought to life here, by women who write of and from the landscape and its people. These contemporary tales are informed by a rich folkloric history, as well as a recently troubled past, and offer a tantalising glimpse of modern-day South Africa.
- Author BiographyMaggie Davey is the publishing director of independent South African publishing house, Jacana Media. Born in South Africa of Irish parents, she grew up in County Westmeath and was educated at University College Galway. She has been a journalist, a scriptwriter and a writer of fiction.
- PublisherTelegram Books
- Date of Publication26/07/2007
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTelegram Books
- Weight132 g
- Width130 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byMaggie Davey
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $89.64Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $15.63Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $18.37
- AU $8.65Trending at AU $14.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.