All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDinky Toys were introduced in 1931 and these diecast metal toys became bestsellers. More than 1000 different subjects were modelled, mostly transport related. They were created by Frank Hornby, a Liverpool entrepreneur, and Dinky Toys were part of the successful Hornby empire, which also manufactured Mecca and Hornby trains and establish factories in France, Germany, Canada and other parts of the world.
- Author BiographyDavid Cooke's passion for Dinky Toys began when as a child he was given four for Christmas by his grandfather, and his collection grew. In 1972 he founded the South West Model Club and in 1979 the East Anglian Model Club. David now appears regularly on radio and television describing toys, lectures to many organisations, writes articles for magazines and is the Dinky Toy Curator at Bressingham Steam Museum in Norfolk.
- Author(s)David Cooke
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication13/11/1999
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Series TitleShire Album S.
- Series Part/Volume Number374
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShire Publications Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight109 g
- Width150 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Edition Statement2nd New impression
Most relevant reviews
- losvoor06 Jun, 2014by
Authorative and much added information
This book is a very authorative book on Dinky toys. Wonderful foto's and lots of added information. A real must have.
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.30Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.49Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.58Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.