All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.34
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.29Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.01
About this product
- DescriptionVenture deep into the heart of finance's weird and wonderful paradoxes Disaur Derivatives and Other Trades is an entertaining and compelling tour de force highlighting the paradoxes inherent to the modern financial system. Presented as a series of striking case studies, this book explores certain enigmatic or philosophical puzzles in the finance industry; some of these puzzles may seem slightly absurd at first glance, but all are very relevant to the way finance is conducted in the real world. Each story highlights specific hypocrisies or moral dilemmas that lie at the heart of the system, guiding readers through the challenges of finance by way of invative and memorable paradigms. Written in clear, accessible language, this book doesn't claim to offer original financial theory or philosophy as such, but instead deepens the reader's understanding of the system and stimulates independent consideration of the current state of affairs. The financial world, so often viewed as a rather dull place, is secretly alive with possibilities of strange and sometimes wonderful conundrums. There is the possibility, for instance, of a Manhattan auction house selling derivatives to buy swift-swimming predators kwn as Megalodons (thought to be extinct for millions of years). This book explores this and other curious propositions to point out the paradoxes of finance. * Explore the meaning of value in different contexts * Learn what the Old Testament can teach us about risk and uncertainty * Examine an alternative take on the 2007/2008 credit crisis * Consider how the financial invation trend impacts the industry To truly understand something, it is necessary to crawl deep into the metaphorical underbelly and have a look around. Disaur Derivatives and Other Trades provides the itinerary, and the insightful discussion that stimulates curiosity.
- Author BiographyJEREMY JOSSE has spent the last twenty-plus years of his career working as an executive in some of the world's leading financial institutions, including Schroders, Citigroup, and N M Rothschild. He has published numerous articles on a wide range of financial subjects including the credit crisis, bank restructurings and financial engineering.
- Author(s)Jeremy M. Josse
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication23/01/2015
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight344 g
- Width154 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.