All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionDisability is part of human life and most of us will, at some time during our lifetime, experience an impairment or difficulty in our functioning, either by disease or in our old age. Once upon a time, disability in a person resulted in many kinds of disadvantages and shunning from society as a whole, but in our time society has changed attitudes toward this part of our population. The idea today is to transform a disability into an ability and to support and help this population in any way possible via treatment, interventions or new techlogy to make a better quality of life and an optimal functioning, despite the disability or chronic disease. Chronic disease for example is a long lasting condition that can be somehow controlled, but t cured. This lifespan approach to chronic diseases was the topic of the Gerry Schwartz and Heather Reisman 4th International Conference on Pediatric Chronic Diseases, Disability and Human Development held in Jerusalem, Israel during January 21-23, 2015 and in this book you will find the abstracts from the conference.
- Author BiographyJoav Merrick, MD, MMedSci, DMSc, born and educated in Denmark is professor of pediatrics, child health and human development, Division of Pediatrics, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Mt Scopus Campus, Jerusalem, Israel and Kentucky Childrens Hospital, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky United States and professor of public health at the Center for Healthy Development, School of Public Health, Georgia State University, Atlanta, United States, the medical director of the Health Services, Division for Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, Ministry of Social Affairs and Social Services, Jerusalem, the founder and director of the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development in Israel.
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Weight420 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byProfessor Joav Merrick
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.